Here’s a capsule summary of my professional situation for folks who are wondering. Yes, I had stage 2 pancreatic cancer and after chemo & surgery I’ve had a recurrence.
- It’s not impeding me very much. I’m crushing it here at work because Avanade is designed for people to work wherever they need to. For me, that’s from home.
- My work focus is to continue driving momentum in the program I’ve been leading (was a project last year!) and working on a succession plan.
- Depending on a number of factors I might be interested in consulting after I’ve finished the succession plan, but I’m not in a good position to make high probability predictions these days.
- I’m less interested in professional networking, because I really need to taper off from work over the next year or two.
- My networking is now aimed at having fun and figuring out how I can spend my remaining years creatively helping out, somewhere somehow.
- If you’ve got some interesting but weird ideas let’s talk!
One last thing – I have no purchasing authority and there are better people at Avanade to select products & vendor services, so to the many business development folks who may contact me, thanx for the offer of coffee but I’m not interested.